Friday, June 1, 2007

Awaiting yet another call...

I have been going back and forth for a week or more now with the PR people at Sallie Mae. Seems that the interview I did with Business Week has perked some interest there. I got this email from Mary Fetter, the person I'd been speaking with, regarding contact with Barry Feierstein (the SM rep that Ben Elgin interviewed in the same interview):

I wanted to let you know that Barry Feierstein will be calling you this Monday, June 4. Barry is a senior executive at Sallie Mae and looks forward to talking to you in more detail about your student loan situation. He will call you on the cell
number you provided. Enjoy your weekend.

Sincerely,
Mary


I also got a voicemail from Mr Feierstein, letting me know he was looking over my information, and looked forward to working with me to "come to better terms" with the loan...

Meanwhile, I've sent out all of my paperwork that I've ever gotten from Sallie Mae over to James, Hoyer PA, the law firm in FL doing a fairly high profile fraud class action lawsuit against Sallie Mae. They were apparently intrigued by my story, and wanted to see the paperwork I had. I'm supposed to hear back from them sometime soon as well.

We shall see what happens on both fronts.

~M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sallie Mae is causing me soooo much stress. My loans will be coming out of forbearance in a few weeks. I have called and written back and forth several times explaining that I cannot make the minimum monthly payments of almost 2000 per month. I don't even know doctors who can afford that. I have begged and pleated for a plan that I can afford so that my loans will not go into default and they have offered me nothing. With acception of reminding me that when they do go into default I will be charged fees and then interest on the fees and then capitalized interest on those fees. Basically to ensure that I will never ever be able to afford the monthly payments. I'm so stressed about it I feel sick. I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. They were so nice and assured me when I applied for the loans that they would work with me to pay them back. That was obvisously a scam. As know they won't help me at all. They won't reply to my concerns now but I'm sure when they go into default they will suddenly be able to get in touch with me.